Amazon.com Widgets Coding Best Practices and What This Website Has.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 10:32:25 AM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Suggestion Box
| | |-+ Coding Best Practices and What This Website Has.
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coding Best Practices and What This Website Has. (Read 1667 times)
emygorf

Email

on: October 15, 2011, 09:53:23 AM

Mr Kochan-

I am looking at some of the answers that students are providing on this website for solutions to exercise, and I don't see how they come up with the code they do from what you have done in the book.  There are additional lines, arguments, etc.

Very discouraging not to have a full answer set that shows coding best practices because some of the solutions that are not helpful.

I don't mind being a beginner, but to buy a book and attempt to teach myself without a legitimate answer key makes no sense.  I think the book's audience should be those that know programming already, and unless better support is provided, you should remove parts of the book that say it is for beginners.
gwsounddsg

Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 03:03:58 PM

I would respectfully disagree with your statement that this isn't a beginners book.  I picked up this book with no other prior programming knowledge and am now successfully programming my own applications.

Although, having an answer key in an appendix in the back of the book is a pretty good idea.  Granted one can goto this website to find answers to the exercises thus cutting down printing costs for Steve's publisher.  I would agree that having the answers in the book will make it more complete.

GW 
Bridwelll

Email

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:34:16 AM

I've done that already, do not you. It is true, I'll get it, do not you think it.
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length