Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
November 24, 2017, 10:41:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chapter 4 & Math  (Read 5040 times)
timBob

« on: December 10, 2014, 06:10:40 AM »

Hi everyone,

I've been working through the book methodically and have understood everything so far, but I'm having problems with the Chapter 4, Exercises 1, 4 & 5. They appear to assume you already have an understanding of mathematics that's outside the scope of the book. This seems contrary to the first 4 chapter's text as they're written as if you have little prior knowledge.  I don't want to skip these parts but I'm finding the math component of these questions distracting.

Does anyone have any suggestions? (other than taking math classes). I don't want to skip these parts as I'm worried I'll run into problems later on Undecided
timBob

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:27:14 AM »

(Just like to add another question to my post)

Throughout the book I notice that some topics related to a given chapter are briefly covered with the caveat "We'll discuss this more in Chapter XX, Xxxx & Xxxx". This seems to suggest that it's knowledge I don't need to finish the chapter and it's accompanying exercises. I want to stay focussed and progress through the book linearly but would I be better off following the eBook's links and reading these chapters, thus giving me the info I need to complete the exercises?
Mgaikjo

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 01:47:08 AM »

I will try to follow the example that has told me.
DerrickWax

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 02:53:04 PM »

When I try to read chapter 12 I get a page with white text on a white background that says the page in not available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: