Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
November 24, 2017, 10:44:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Video playback in an iOS app  (Read 885 times)
Chuck

« on: March 15, 2012, 08:21:12 AM »

I am still learning Objective-C and will be learning iOS programming shortly. I have an idea for an app that can help me apply some of what I learn. The application will be responsible for listing quotes and for each quote I wanted to be able to show a small video clip of the scene for playback. What would be the best way to implement this video playback functionality in my app in iOS? My thinking is to have the videos located on a remote server and to stream them to the device when the user wants to watch them. The application would be way too large to bundle all the videos into the application. Granted the videos themselves would probably be 15-30 seconds, if that, in length. Are there any frameworks I can use to stream video to the device for playback? Are there any example applications out there that I can view to see how this may have been implemented? I'm guessing YouTube? Also, should I upload the videos to Youtube and use their API or store them on my own server and stream them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: