Amazon.com Widgets Numpad not working
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 01:06:40 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Chapter Study
| | |-+ Chapter 5 - Program Looping
| | | |-+ Numpad not working
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Numpad not working (Read 942 times)
Freerider

on: August 07, 2009, 03:14:38 PM

I was just trying out Program 5.4 (the one which asks for a triangular number) and noticed I can't enter any numbers using the numeric keypad. They display in the console, and the cursor jumps down a line when I press enter, but the program acts as if nothing happened.

Is this normal?
skochan
Administrator

Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 04:04:30 PM

Please try to use search in  the forum to see if a question has been previously asked:

http://classroomm.com/objective-c/index.php?topic=544.0

Cheers,

Steve Kochan
Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 04:11:43 PM by skochan Logged
Freerider

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 03:29:38 AM

Why do you assume I didn't try?

Just because I couldn't find it?

All my searches came up empty (numpad keypad not working) etc.
I realize now I could have searched for the Program number, but it's not specific to that program.

Just to help me in future, what would you have searched for? (I'm not trying to be funny, just curious)
skochan
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 08:51:18 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.  I've been trying to tell newcomers to search the forum first.  Sometimes the same question gets asked many times.  In this case, just searching for scanf would have produced a list of matches, a couple of which would have pointed to the answer you were looking for.  I can understand if that wasn't an obvious keyword to use for the search.

I will try to look into some sort of indexing scheme for this forum to make the task easier for everyone.  If anyone knows of such a tool, please let me know.

Cheers,

Steve Kochan
Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 08:53:38 PM by skochan Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length