Amazon.com Widgets Newbie Obj-C Question!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 09:33:54 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Newbie Corner
| | |-+ Newbie Obj-C Question!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newbie Obj-C Question! (Read 2268 times)
Mozzy

Email

Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 11:39:31 PM

i dont need a different mouse for windows, thats the point.
When im on my MacBook i need a mouse, and when i boot into windows using BootCamp
i want to use the same mouse!
thats why i asked if u knew of a good mouse that works with both.
I assumed most people BootCamped into both, Best of both worlds .. ect ..
Cheers!
fujilla
Global Moderator

Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

Then I apologise for misreading your question.

I guess a mouse is a mouse when it comes to Mac OS and Windows, so any will probably do.

At Uni they have bootcamp for Mac OS/Windows and use the Apple Mighty Mouse that came with their iMac's.
jabellae

Email

Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 02:20:34 AM

Im having some trouble in the section Method Arguments page 36 in the book, and I think I just don't get whats and argument and why is telling me that -(void) setNumerator: (int) n;  will take an argument that is integer called n but I don't know what is taking exactly because I don't understand argument... if somebody could help me in this would be great ... thanks.!!
fujilla
Global Moderator

Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 03:32:30 AM

I think that you really should continue reading this chapter, which should give you the answers you need, as  I think Page 36 is the first time arguments are mentioned.

If on finishing the chapter you are still having troubles, then someone I'm sure will be able to help you further.
bonkart

Email

Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 04:31:39 PM

I have Steve's book and it has become my bible. I am continually rereading each section until I get it.
However, one thing I am still confused about.
Steve's book does a good job of explaining the use of seperate files for declarations (interface), definitions(implementation), and program(main). When I work on the Iphone SDK however, main hands off control to appdelagate which is an implementation file. Program execution continues from their without main. Why is this? Also, I have run into a situation where my implementation program (GameScene) has grown too large and I would like to split off sections. I assume I do this by creating new classes but then how do I call these classes in other implementation files? Can anyone give me a code example on this or point me in the right direction?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length