Amazon.com Widgets Naming & organizing files
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2014, 12:53:07 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ XCode 4 Help
| | |-+ Naming & organizing files
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Naming & organizing files (Read 2254 times)
bpedit

Email

on: July 02, 2011, 12:51:31 PM サ

1) The placement of the header and implementation files depends on what is selected in the naviagator when they are created. Although the program seems to run either way, is it standard or more beneficial for these files to be within the same folder as main.m or outside that folder at the same level as the folder?

2) At the beginning of Ch 7 you are instructed to type "into the file FractionTest.m. I gather this is from re-naming main.m. Is this re-naming of main a typical procedure?
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
edit: Number 2 above has been clarified in "Errata". FractionTest.m should read main.m.
       http://classroomm.com/objective-c/index.php?topic=5069.0
Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:36:10 PM by bpedit Logged
fujilla
Global Moderator

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:41:58 PM サ

It is actually done by going to File/New/New File then choosing Objective-C class, which will end up creating a .h and .m file for the name given.

I'm sure Steve explains this in the book.

Nick
http://myfirstiphoneapp.co.uk
Omellette

Email

Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 06:40:09 AM サ

Apologize ahead of time if this is a repost, but my original reply seems to not be appearing...

Anyways, it's actually not explained in the 2nd edition of the book.  I'm using that one, as well -- and it seems pretty clear that it's assumed FractionTest.m is already there, and is the file where main() is coded.

So, any help here would be appreciated.

:-)

EDIT: Noticed the chage in the Errata section about it -- thanks for the quick clarification!
Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:36:55 AM by Omellette Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length