Amazon.com Widgets Link
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2014, 02:11:31 AM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Errata, Answers to Exercises, Code, etc.
| | |-+ Link
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Link (Read 5738 times)
skochan
Administrator

on: February 04, 2009, 08:49:15 AM

If you have the first edition of this book (Programming in Objective-C), look here for errata, answers to exercises, etc.
Netdude21

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 01:33:28 PM

Steve,

I'm currently reading Programming in Objective-C and checked your errata on the site you provide, I want to point out one thing and maybe clear up some confusion. You say in the errata on p.89 ( Program 5.8 ) to change the division character to the % character, however, if you do that under Xcode 3.1 the program goes in to a loop. If the program is written as it appears in the book the program works as expected. I just thought you might want to be aware of that.
Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 02:04:33 PM by skochan Logged
skochan
Administrator

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 03:28:14 PM

Thanks for the post.  The reference is actually to the text (lines 6 and 7 from the top of the page) and not to the program example.  Sorry that wasn't clear!

Cheers,

Steve
speedsimmons

Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 08:53:24 PM

Hey Steve
Just finishing up the book, and wanted to check and see if maybe I found something for the Errata for the first edition.

the web URL you have us read in for exercise 19.3 doesn't seem to exist anymore.  Is that the case? or do I have an error in my code?

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>

int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) {
    NSAutoreleasePool * pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];

NSDictionary *glossary;
    NSEnumerator *keyEnum;
    NSString *url = @"http://www.kochan-wood.com/examples/glossary.pl";
    id key;

glossary = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithContentsOfURL: [NSURL URLWithString: url]];

keyEnum = [glossary keyEnumerator];

while ((key = [keyEnum nextObject]) != nil)
      printf("%s: %s\n\n", [key cString], [[glossary objectForKey: key] cString]);

[pool drain];
    return 0;
}

Thanks, and I loved the book!
skochan
Administrator

Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 07:15:46 PM

Hi,

Glad you liked the book.   Yes, that link has long since disappeared and the example removed from the second edition.

Cheers,

Steve Kochan
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length