Amazon.com Widgets March 30
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2014, 10:25:04 AM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Parts 1 and 2
| | |-+ Assignments
| | | |-+ March 30
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: March 30 (Read 1362 times)
skochan
Administrator

on: March 30, 2011, 03:00:41 PM

• Register for the forum here
  • Post a message to the Welcome board in this category to introduce yourself.
  • Read Chapters 2 and 3 in the text.  Note that we covered up to page 44 in the text, so there's a little bit of new material to read here.  I will cover that in the next class.
  • Do the exercises at the end of each chapter and check them on the forum.
  • Take the quizzes for Chapters 2 and 3 that are on this forum
  • Post any questions you have or suggestions under the appropriate topic heading.
mykdw

Email

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:08:01 PM

Is this something that I need to pay for or is it just out of the goodness of your heart?
christianboyce

Email

Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:09:25 PM

You say "Do the exercises at the end of each chapter and check them on the forum." I was thinking that "check them on the forum" would mean the answers would be on the forum and I would check my work against that. But I can't find the "official" answers. All I find is homework from classmates (which is fine, but I think if all 50 of us post in there it's going to be messy).

On the other hand, are you looking to get MY answers, so you know I did the homework?
skochan
Administrator

Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:45:59 AM

There are stickied answers for most exercises under the "Answers to Exercises" category.  Those were all submitted by Jerome, an early forum member, and you can consider those "official."  To a large extent, programming is a creative process, and there are acceptable alternate approaches to problem solving.  So I don't want you to thins there's any one correct way to tackle a problem.  I like the idea that members have contributed different solutions; hopefully this will help the learning process for others.

Cheers,

Steve
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length