Amazon.com Widgets From HTML to Objective-C
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 03:04:37 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Resources
| | |-+ From HTML to Objective-C
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: From HTML to Objective-C (Read 6529 times)
esc
Global Moderator

on: March 25, 2009, 10:03:01 AM

These folks are web developers who build mobile apps for their customers so they wrote phonegap to aid their own development on the iPhone, Android, etc.  They offer it free as open source under the MIT license.

www.phonegap.com
skochan
Administrator

Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:57:17 AM

Wow, this is fascinating stuff!  Thanks for sharing this with us, Wendy!

Cheers,

Steve
RubyRose

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 10:57:50 PM

Hi Steve et al,

What are the pros and cons of using something like phonegap as opposed to learning Obj-C?

thankyou
Rosie
RubyRose

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 11:00:11 PM

I should add...with respect to writing apps for the iphone?

Rosie
chucky

Email

Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 10:29:31 AM

Steve,

I'm curious about your thoughts on the various Javascript/CSS/HTML platforms for developing iphone applications.  In particular, see Titanium Mobile here:

http://www.appcelerator.com/products/titanium-mobile/

Seems to me that it would be nice to be able to develop an application for both iPhone and Droid with essentially the same code.  However, what about issues like memory management?  How would the web technology-based platform allow you to manage memory?  I would imagine there are other limitations to the approach since you are not working with the native language of the application.

I've posed the question to Titanium but would appreciate your insight since you have delved into the guts of iphone applications.

Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length