Amazon.com Widgets @implementation ME!!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2014, 12:32:50 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Suggestion Box
| | |-+ @implementation ME!!
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: @implementation ME!! (Read 1281 times)
gwsounddsg

on: August 16, 2010, 09:37:40 PM

I just got to chapter 15, and am very excited, but i feel like i will soon be losing a lot of what i have read.  i think the exercises at the end of each chapter are priceless and i wouldn't change them at all.

But now i feel i am at the phase of starting to implement what i have been learning.  i started off by building a speed of sound calculator, where the user types in the distance and it outputs the time in milliseconds.  i then graduated to building a full calculator with + = / and *.  that took a bit of thinking.

now i am curious of other entry-level program ideas that i can build from scratch.  can anyone give me some ideas or a place that may have a list?

steve, would you consider including another appendix that has some begging level programs that could be built and people could post there questions and projects onto this forum?

GW
skochan
Administrator

Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:01:17 PM

There's a "Project Ideas" category that I added to this board that never quite developed in the direction I had hoped.   Take a look at that category and let me know if I can tweak or change it somehow to accomplish what you're looking for.

Cheers,

Steve
Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:07:03 AM by skochan Logged
gwsounddsg

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 11:17:57 AM

Steve -
That category is helpful and i plan on using it.  i guess i am looking for someone to post a list of entry-level programs that i can start programing.  i will put a posting on that forum and ask if someone is willing to throw in a few suggestions.

Thanks!
GW
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length