Widgets @implementation ME!!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2015, 11:23:48 AM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Suggestion Box
| | |-+ @implementation ME!!
Pages: [1] Go Down
Author Topic: @implementation ME!! (Read 1517 times)

on: August 16, 2010, 10:37:40 PM

I just got to chapter 15, and am very excited, but i feel like i will soon be losing a lot of what i have read.  i think the exercises at the end of each chapter are priceless and i wouldn't change them at all.

But now i feel i am at the phase of starting to implement what i have been learning.  i started off by building a speed of sound calculator, where the user types in the distance and it outputs the time in milliseconds.  i then graduated to building a full calculator with + = / and *.  that took a bit of thinking.

now i am curious of other entry-level program ideas that i can build from scratch.  can anyone give me some ideas or a place that may have a list?

steve, would you consider including another appendix that has some begging level programs that could be built and people could post there questions and projects onto this forum?

Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 11:01:17 PM

There's a "Project Ideas" category that I added to this board that never quite developed in the direction I had hoped.   Take a look at that category and let me know if I can tweak or change it somehow to accomplish what you're looking for.

Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:07:03 AM by skochan Logged

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 12:17:57 PM

Steve -
That category is helpful and i plan on using it.  i guess i am looking for someone to post a list of entry-level programs that i can start programing.  i will put a posting on that forum and ask if someone is willing to throw in a few suggestions.

Pages: [1] Go Up
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length