Amazon.com Widgets Program 2.1 - No launchable executable present at path!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 08:15:03 AM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Program Examples
| | |-+ Chapter 2
| | | |-+ Program 2.1 - No launchable executable present at path!
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Program 2.1 - No launchable executable present at path! (Read 2379 times)
celliott

on: June 17, 2010, 08:25:17 AM

Hi, just tried my first program in X-Code, have the code exactly as in the book, but when I Build and Run I get the message "No launchable executable present at path". At the bottom of the Debugger window it says "Build succeeded", but the console window doesn't appear.

Any suggestions where I'm going wrong?
Cheers
skochan
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 07:39:53 PM

Hmmm.   Try selecting Clean All Targets from the Build menu and trying again.  If that doesn't work, take a screen shot of your Xcode window for me (press Cmd-Shfit-3) and also post the Project File (find the Folder in the Finder and right-click on it, select Compress... and then upload the zip file as an attachment).  A final suggestion is to quit Xcode and start all over again with a new project.   After creating an empty application, you should be able to Build and Run it without touching a line of code.

Cheers.

Steve
celliott

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 04:03:23 AM

Thanks for the speedy reply Steve. I selected Clean all targets and that didn't help. I then started a new project and that works fine, so not sure what the problem was - as far as I can see the code is identical (but I know from experience it's easy to miss something). If it's of interest, here's a screen shot of the project.

Cheers,
Catherine
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length