Amazon.com Widgets my xcode v. the books xcode
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 03:17:45 AM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Chapter Study
| | |-+ Chapter 2 - Programming in Objective-C
| | | |-+ my xcode v. the books xcode
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: my xcode v. the books xcode (Read 2003 times)
johnemac

Email

on: November 03, 2009, 07:28:58 PM

Hi,

Very excited to start in on this book. I have started several others and they all recommend reading more elsewhere, which I have. It's nice to find a book that says, stay right here, this is the information you need.

I am starting this book in the winter or 2009. I am running the iPhone SDK with XCode 3.2.1.

Whenever I start a new project there is a short list on the left sidebar under Mac OS X.
Application
Framework & Library
Application Plug-in
System Plug-in
Other

If I choose Application, then Command Line Tool on the right top window, I get a Type drop down menu. From there I can choose Foundation.

I am able to use this and compile/run your example code. I assume this is the same as a Foundation Tool in the book?

Thanks,
-- jmca
skochan
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 07:40:42 PM

JMCA,

Welcome to the forum!  Check the ticker when you sign in.   Xcode 3.2 changed things slightly, as indicated in this post: http://classroomm.com/objective-c/index.php?topic=1689.0  (in the beginning anyway).

Cheers,

Steve Kochan
pathwy

Email

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 12:27:29 PM

Iam running iphone SDK with Xcode 3.2.1.  When I click on the ticker it gives me this response "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.  any help be appreciated!
snowbrd103

Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 09:00:40 AM

When I try to click on the above link to the forum discussion, I also get the message, "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."
skochan
Administrator

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:53:17 PM

Oops, looks like that post has been removed.   What specifically are you looking for?  Did you try searching the forum?

Cheers,

Steve
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length