Amazon.com Widgets Audio/Microphone
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 07:03:39 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Webcast Series Part I, Sept. 1 - 24
| | |-+ Suggestions
| | | |-+ Audio/Microphone
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Audio/Microphone (Read 1355 times)
Hutch

on: September 10, 2009, 12:21:45 PM

Hi
I am a bit late to the course, but catching up quickly. I have watched the first 2 webcasts (and part of the third) and one suggestion I have is a better microphone. Haibo popped in to say "yes" regarding a question in the first webcast I believe and in that 1 second that he spoke, he was much clearer than you were.

I know there will be a lot of compression with the webcast setting, but perhaps you may considering investing in a condenser microphone?

Otherwise than that, has been great so far!
skochan
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 12:32:40 PM

Write now I'm broadcasting over my phone, as VoIP didn't seem to provide decent quality.  I'm using my iPhone with the headset that comes with it.  I am open to suggestions on how to improve the audio quality and I apologize for any technical issues, as this is the first time around.

Cheers,

Steve Kochan
Hutch

Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 01:16:25 PM

Ah ok. Another thought might be to run a screencapture software the same time you are running the webcast (such as Screenflow) so that the uploaded screencasts are in HD with good audio quality.
Hutch

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 12:00:33 PM

I know you said that the audio quality via GoToMeeting is not very good, but is it any worse than the phone quality we get when you dial in.

The reason I'm asking about this is because the phone seems to drop quite a bit, while the screen doesn't. If you were using GoToMeeting audio, you wouldn't drop (as often anyway).

Just another thought.
skochan
Administrator

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 01:17:44 PM

Hutch,

I thought the consensus was that the audio was decent in the last two webcasts.  I tried the VoIP audio once and I got that chipmunk sound.  I can try it again and let everyone tell me how it sounds.

Cheer,

Steve
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length