Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2017, 03:23:24 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Welcome
| | |-+ Please take this poll
Poll
Question: How did you find out about this forum?
The publisher's website
amazon.com
Google (or other search engine)
Macrumors forum
Referral from a friend or colleague
Other

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please take this poll (Read 30802 times)
Antony Burt

Reply #60 on: January 20, 2014, 10:39:06 PM

The book itself (6th edition) has a blurb on having a forum...
harrykar

Reply #61 on: July 04, 2014, 06:12:02 AM

I'm curious to find out what led you to this forum.  Thanks!

Steve Kochan

After have read few pages of your excellent book Programming in C and google for the examples code(yeah i know about your pedagogical DIY method and i agree about that but time is a chimera and i wanted update my uni's old K&R 's book with a more recent one). I'm fully satisfied from your explanation style; My comps for your work Steve

Greetings
Harry
Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:28:14 AM by harrykar Logged
sunder

Email
Reply #62 on: March 05, 2015, 12:12:38 AM

Dear Kochan Sir,your books come highly recommended by my mentor.I loved your "Programming in C".I finished it and I was looking for a book on c++ .Hopefully your recommendations on page 503 paid off when I happened to visit the miscellaneous Heading where a handful of recommendations were out there for various languages.It worked out pretty well for me.
Please recommend me a book on "Algorithm designs" and "JAVA".I have no prior knowledge on it and am willing to study it right from the scratch. Please recommend me a book for the same.
Thanks a lot . :)You are my Role Model. Grin
mmoore

Reply #63 on: December 19, 2015, 10:55:02 AM

I found this site by way of your book, Programming in Objective C, 6th ed. I have been working through the chapters and have found it pretty self explanatory until I ran into difficulties in Chap8 with the use of dynamic typing and the dot operator, as well as Chap11 with the use of separate files for categories and the use of instance variables. Both time I have found what I have needed quite easily. Thanks for setting up this site. It is very useful.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length