Amazon.com Widgets Please take this poll
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 02:51:57 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Welcome
| | |-+ Please take this poll
Poll
Question: How did you find out about this forum?
The publisher's website
amazon.com
Google (or other search engine)
Macrumors forum
Referral from a friend or colleague
Other

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please take this poll (Read 14634 times)
Gordon

Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 04:23:06 AM

Actually , I bought your book "Programming in Objective-C 2.0 : because I am currently learning to program in "C". Just so you will know...I'm a PC , but hopefully soon I will be a MAC and I am preparing myself for Objective-c 2.0 multithread programming with Apples' new Grand Central Dispatch via Snow Leopard . I believe that programming for multicore processors represents a new paradigm in personal computing and to learn how to correctly code for this will certainly take ones' "best effort', don't you think?
P.S. Thanx for providing this forum Smiley !!!
lotusman

Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 10:49:54 PM

Googled your name and got this website. Amazing book btw!
rojour

Email

Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 12:06:24 AM

I have done some learning of some C and C++, mostly on my own. I have thought about learning some Objective-C for a while and I find most of the first books published were kind of tedious and confusing.
I found your book at Barnes Y Noble while I was waiting for my daughter and decided to buy it.
I found this forum, because I was looking for the answers to the exercises.
I have to tell you, that I don't know how things are going to progress form here... but so far the book has been really easy to follow and I have stayed focused...

Thanks.
Bob Monsour

Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 10:48:50 AM

I'm curious to find out what led you to this forum.  Thanks!

I recently bought the 2nd edition of the book and am up to chapter 4 and thought that there must also be some online resources available to go with it and did a Google search of "Programming in Objective-C 2.0 Kochan" and up came this forum. I think it was the 3rd or 4th result on the page.

I'm glad I'm here. I'm finding the book to be a great fit to get a strong foundation for ObjC before moving into iPhone development.

Keep up the good work!
zlinuk

Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 08:20:56 AM

Also via google after buying the book.
purplebox

Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 11:12:45 AM

Via Google when I got stuck on an answer and Googled for a possible solution.

I since have put a link to this forum (and the book on Amazon) on my blog, so people might find it that way. Here is the blog article I wrote:

skochan
Administrator

Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 09:19:40 AM

Thanks for that link and the information that is provided.

Cheers,

Steve
jonthornham

WWW Email

Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 09:43:48 AM

I google searched "answers to exercise programming in Obbjective-c 2.0". Very glad I found the site.

Jon

Jon Thornham
kalin

Email

Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 11:06:06 AM

I see the link to this site when register the book!

Cheers
ZDan

Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 04:08:59 AM

Actually, to be more specific I found it on the errata list...
My2CentsWorth

Mark

Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:16 PM

I first was lead to REALbasic and even purchased a 3 month subscription to BKeeney.com video tutorials. I watched every tutorial and downloaded the trial program. Towards the end of the many tutorials about 3 weeks time for me I came to realize the limitations of this programing language. I was looking to just write  programs for Mac OSX and I think that because REALbasic is primarily for cross platform, it is very limited. So I started seaching in Google for creating OSX software, it lead me to cocoa in particular http://cocoadevcentral.com/  Then after reading more and going to the Apple site and downloading Xcode and reading even more on how I should start I searched REALbasic vs Xcode in google and came across http://homepage.mac.com/rowlands/realbasic/toXcode.html From there I realized I needed to start with Object-C and google searched for the best resources on that subject and Wala here I am and I am confident I have found a great place to start my studies off in the right direction. Not only am I happy to have a site that has video tutorials and books and pdf documents, but wow this Forum seems to be an invaluable resource for me and I plan on using it often. I want to not only thank Steve and his entire staff for all they do to keeping this going in the direction it is in, I want to thank each and everyone of you that post on this Forum. As a true noob or beginner in the programming world I am encouraged by others in my own status as they are making progress and asking questions that I haven't got to yet or forgot all about, because at first I am scanning though everything and then I will go back and start from the beginning and go through in study mode. I plan on using this Forum for many years to come so Hello to all.

Donate your unused CPU time to better the world we live in @ http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
iRandy

Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 09:37:43 AM

Hi folks,
I'm new here. I'm taking iPhone Programming at SBCC and Googled "Objective-C (something)." Haven't heard of your book before, but sounds practical and real. I look forward to reading more.

I'm a newbie, please add examples
andrewson

WWW Email

Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 12:53:04 AM

It is very informative post

j10profit

Email

Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 04:23:24 PM

Thank you for setting up this forum.  I will definitely be making use of this valuable resource. 
skochan
Administrator

Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 12:39:44 PM

You're welcome.  Best of luck!

Cheers,

Steve
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length