Amazon.com Widgets Ciao from Massimo
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 08:00:44 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Webcast Series Part I, Sept. 1 - 24
| | |-+ Welcome
| | | |-+ Ciao from Massimo
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ciao from Massimo (Read 641 times)
maximo4usa

Email

on: September 02, 2009, 05:09:48 PM

Hello !
My Name is Massimo, I'm from Milan (Italy) (38 ) and, as many of you, new to objective-c and iphone programming.

-I'm a software developer for the last 20 years. In the last 3 years, I have used (and I'm using at work) the .net framework in the microsoft world with VB.net and a some c#. In the past i have used many different programming languages some of them very popular  and others not very famous like "Centura SQLWindows" and more recently "OMNIS Studio".

-I'm a very big fan of the OOP programming style since i first heard of it (88' maybe ?)

-I've got Mr Stephen book just today and i can say that is very well written, easy to understand and very rich of interesting notes.

-This is my idea: what do you think if we create a sort of language to language translation table using the examples code we will see during the course ? this maybe helpfull and an interesting exercise for many of us. (obviously if Mr. Stephen agreee)

Ciao a tutti  Wink

Massimo

skochan
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:44:34 AM

Hi Massimo,

Are you talking about how to write the equivalent examples in other languages like C++?  That's interesting;  in Programming in C I showed how you would write the Fraction class example in Objective-C, C++, and C#. 

Cheers,

Steve Kochan
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length