Amazon.com Widgets Hi from John
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 10:17:46 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Webcast Series Part I, Sept. 1 - 24
| | |-+ Welcome
| | | |-+ Hi from John
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hi from John (Read 1210 times)
John Shirley

on: September 01, 2009, 04:54:06 PM

Hi,  I am John Shirley.  Live in the UK so the classes are a little late for me  Sad  but worth.

I am an IT Manager for a medium size company.  The last time I did any programming was at college and that was in Basic and Pascal.

I have been reading Stephen Kochan Programming in Objective C 2.0 for a few months now as I was getting more and more interested in learning how to program for the iPhone instead of just using one.

I realize that learning Objective C was not going to be easy and I have found the forums here very very helpful and when I am stuck I have found that Stephen and other members are very quick and giving help and advice.

I decided to take this course to add to my reading.  I know that I am going back to basics a little until the course catches up to where I am in the book but I think that will only help me understand some of the concepts better

Many thanks and look forward to the next class

John
John Shirley

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:18:57 AM

Hi

Just thought i would drop by and apologize for missing a few of the classes.  Not always easy for me to get the 11pm class when I have to be up at 7am in the morning for work..  I am on catchup with the video lessons and still reading the book when I can.

I will be taking the next set of classes too as I really want to progress with Objective C and onto iPhone programming.  I am finding the video's of the class really helpful

Thanks again
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length