Amazon.com Widgets 5th printing, prog 2.1 - unable to get output to display after build and run
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 09:50:23 PM
Home Help Search chat Login Register 
News: Read this please.The Great Kangaroo Escape Looking for reviews of the 4th ed on Amazon!   Twitter:  @skochan

+ Official Forum for Programming in Objective-C (the iPhone Programming Language) - Stephen Kochan
|-+ Old Stuff
| |-+ Program Examples
| | |-+ Chapter 2
| | | |-+ 5th printing, prog 2.1 - unable to get output to display after build and run
Pages: [1] Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5th printing, prog 2.1 - unable to get output to display after build and run (Read 1374 times)
falciform

on: July 29, 2009, 04:11:32 PM

Hi, glad this newsgroup is here, as I'm already having trouble on the first example.   Here is my program, typed almost word for word from the Kindle 5th ed.  There are no errors, but there is no output either.  Do I need to open up the terminal window on my own to get the output?

//First Program example

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>

int main (int argc, const char * argv[])
{
    NSAutoreleasePool * pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
    NSLog(@"Programming is fun!");
    [pool drain];
    return 0;
}
rgronlie
Global Moderator

Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 05:50:23 PM

You need to have the console open (via the Run menu).

See this thread:

http://classroomm.com/objective-c/index.php?topic=817.msg3704#msg3704

Sanity: Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
Pages: [1] Go Up
Print
Jump to:

Login with username, password and session length